Updated 20th of September 2017
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Ledger via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Controller of Personal Information: Ledger, or us||Any personal information provided or gathered by ledgerwallet.com and ledger.fr is controlled by Ledger SAS, a company incorporated in Paris, France registered number B 529 991 119. whose registered office is at 1 rue du Mail, Paris, France, 75002;|
|EU and UK Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Ledger and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Ledger and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;|
|Website||www.ledgerwallet.com, www.ledger.fr and any sub-domains of these sites unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. The information we learn from customers helps us continually improve our websites and your shopping experience at ledgerwallet.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information you give us: When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you submit in the purchase process including:
- a. Name;
- b. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- c. Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
- d. IP address (automatically collected);
- e. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- f. Operating system (automatically collected);
- g. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
5. Ledger is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for a period of 3 years after which the Data will be archived in a secure and confidential manner for purposes of proof.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- a. order handling, product and service delivery, payment processing, communicating with you about orders, products and services, internal record keeping
- b. improvement of our products / services;
- c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
10. Ledger may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
14. If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Your right to access and control use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- a. use of Data for direct marketing purposes which are subject to opt-in rules and;
- b. sharing Data with third parties.
17. Your right to object: you have the right to request from us erasure of your personal data and/or to object to their processing.
18. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Ledger (where such Data is held).
Functionality of the Website
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
21. Data security is of great importance to Ledger and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. Payment security: If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS) and sent directly to our banking provider. The information is never stored on our server.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU and FR Cookie Law.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Ledger and/or our partners to provide a better experience and service to you.
28. This Website may place the following type of Cookies:
- a. Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- b. Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- c. Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
32. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
37. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law France. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.
Our commitment to your privacy
38. We take privacy issues very seriously and to ensure that your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines and practices to all Ledger employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Questions and Contact Information
40. If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, object to their processing, register a complaint or simply want more information, contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail at Ledger 1 rue du Mail, Paris, 75002, France
All such requests are promptly examined and replies are issued by our teams. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
Ledger SAS, Paris, France